Construct stable and prosperous borderland
Updated: 2011-08-22 16:40
(I) Promote faster development of borderland and poverty-stricken areas
1. Strengthen poverty alleviation and development, with priority to the border mountainous area in the western part of the province, Wumeng mountain area, and stony desertification area.
2. The central government will extend greater support to guide and assist Yunnan province to help deeply impoverished groups in remote poor areas inhabited by ethnic minorities to overcome poverty.
(II) Promote mutual prosperity and development of all ethnic groups
1. Adopt more forceful measures to accelerate development of ethnic minorities and areas inhabited by ethnic minorities, and improve the living and working conditions for ethnic minorities and areas inhabited by ethnic minorities with special difficulties.
2. Give priority to improving education of ethnic minorities, adopt special preferential policies to cultivate talents of ethnic minorities, and enhance cultivation and selection of cadres of ethnic minorities.
(III) Strengthen border area control and entry and exit management
1. Improve infrastructure construction, technical equipment, and capacity for border area control and entry and exit management.
2. Strengthen repatriation of illegal immigrants and overseas consulate protection, and take feasible measures to improve foreign affair dealings, those concerning nationals living abroad, and entry and exit management.
3. Intensify international cooperation for anti-terrorism, drug control, HIV/AIDS prevention and cure, and guarding against illegal entry and exit of the border. Severely strike those who commit transnational crimes.
(IV) Accelerate reform and development of state-owned land-reclamation enterprises
1. Harmonize development of state-owned land-reclamation enterprises with local governments, and provide social security to staff workers of state-owned land-reclamation enterprises.
2. Current and retired staff workers of state-owned land-reclamation enterprises shall be issued with basic medical insurance.
3. Speed up infrastructure construction of the land-reclamation areas. Develop farmlands with low and medium outputs; upgrade roads and grids, drinking water, security, and dilapidated buildings.
4. Implement preferential policies to facilitate agricultural development in land-reclamation areas, and encourage Yunnan state-owned land-reclamation enterprises to integrate the competitive natural rubber industry.