Strengthen infrastructure construction
Updated: 2011-08-22 16:42
(I) Construct a relatively perfect and integrated traffic system
1. Enhance construction of Kunming-Changsha-Hangzhou passenger transportation line, as well as the Yunnan-Guangxi, Dali-Ruili railway lines. Expand the Chengdu-Kunming railway. Promote planning and construction of Yunnan sections of China-Laos-Thailand China-Myanmar, China-Vietnam, and the Kunming-Chongqing railway lines.
2. Upgrade the Yunnan sections of China-Myanmar, China-Laos-Thailand and China-Vietnam highways into expressways.
3. Advance construction of the Yunnan sections of the national Chongqing-Kunming, Shantou-Kunming, Hangzhou-Ruili, and Guangzhou-Kunming expressways. Accelerate the construction of fast lanes that connect to major tourism areas.
4. Strengthen international shipping cooperation, and facilitate construction of the international Lancang river-Mekong river shipping line.
5. Gradually elevate major waterway classification, accelerate construction of navigation facilities in the Baise key water control project and Funing port, to put into operation the Youjiang river-Pearl river 1,000-ton shipping route.
6. Accelerate construction of the Lugu Lake airport and Honghe airport. Study the feasibility of constructing the Cangyuan airport and Lancang airport.
7. Construct a Kunming airport network that is connected to Lijiang, Xishuangbanna, Mangshi, Dali, Shangri-la, Tengchong, and Wenshan airports.
8. Encourage Chinese and foreign airline companies to open up. Add international routes that link with the province, giving priority to Southeast Asia, South Asia, West Asia, Europe and the United States.
(II) Build up a safe, stable, economical, and clean energy guarantee system
1. Speed up constructing the Sino-Myanmar oil and gas pipelines and its supporting facilities.
2. Construct hydropower green energy bases.
3. Actively and orderly develop renewable energies, including solar energy, wind power and bio-mass energy. Vigorously promote cooperation with neighboring countries in developing renewable energies.
4. Harmonize power supply construction in Yunnan and neighboring provinces, intensify power cooperation with neighboring countries, and enhance construction of West-east Power Transmission channel and backbone grid.
5. Vigorously develop rural hydropower, and actively construct hydropower for new rural electrification counties and ecological protection projects using fuel from small hydropower plants. Continue to support rural grid reform and cover all areas with power supply.
(III) Construct international information hub
1. Make Yunnan a communication hub with links to Southeast Asia and South Asia.
2. Support Yunnan’s cooperation with Southeast Asian and South Asian countries in developing communication networks and Internet businesses.
3. Set up an integrated satellite positioning service system and government affairs geographical information application system.
4. Intensify infrastructure construction of broadband communication network, digital television network, and next generation Internet. Support qualified regions to experiment with Three Network Integration.
5. Strengthen telecommunication universal service, and promote the development of new communication tools among ethnic minority areas.
(IV) Construct water conservancy projects
1. Intensify investment, strengthen water source project construction, and strive to settle engineering-related water shortage problem.
2. Actively carry out the Moistening Yunnan project and bring qualified large and medium-sized reservoirs into the national plan.
3. Accelerate construction of Niulanjiang-Dianchi water supply project.
4. Pay close attention to the early stage work of diverting water to central Yunnan, bring it under the national plan, and start constructing the project at the appropriate time.
5. Improve quality of trans-boundary river, small and medium-sized rivers, and torrential flood and geological hazard prevention methods. Implement projects for disaster monitoring, early warning, prevention and treatment.
6. Make plans to restore dilapidated and dangerous reservoirs and eliminate their major potential safety hazards.
7. Implement urban and rural drinking water safety projects and settle the rural drinking water safety problem before the end of 2015.